About this course
The Internet of Things is rapidly growing. It is predicted that more than 25 billion devices will be connected by 2020.
In this data science course, you will learn about the major components of the Internet of Things and how data is acquired from sensors. You will also examine ways of analyzing event data, sentiment analysis, facial recognition software and how data generated from devices can be used to make decisions.
What you’ll learn
- Networks, protocols and basic software for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- How automated decision and control can be done with IoT technologies
- Discuss devices including sensors, low power processors, hubs/gateways and cloud computing platforms
- Learn about the relationship between data science and natural language and audio-visual content processing
- Study research projects drawn from scientific journals, online media, and novels
- Review fundamental techniques for visual feature extraction, content classification and high-dimensional indexing
- Techniques that can be applied to solve problems in web-scale image search engines, face recognition, copy detection, mobile product search, and security surveillance
- Examine data collection, processing and analysis
* Introduction to the Internet of Things
- The Internet of Things
- The Basics of Sensors & Actuators
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
* The Arduino Platform
- The Arduino Open-Microcontroller Platform
- Arduino Basics
- Arduino Board Layout & Architecture
* Reading from Sensors
* Programming fundamentals ( C language )
* Arduino Programming & Interface of Sensors
- Interfacing sensors with Arduino
- Programming Arduino
- Reading from Sensors
Project 1: Simple LED Program for Arduino
Project 2: Integrating Sensors & Reading Environmental Physical Values.
Project 3: Reading Environmental Values on Android Smartphone.
- Talking to your Android Phone with Arduino
- Connecting Arduino with Mobile Device.
- The Android Mobile OS.
- Using the Bluetooth Module
Project 4: Voice Controlled Mini Home Automation using Android Smartphone
Project 5: Control Devices using Localhost Web Server for Home Automation.
- Integrating Ethernet Module & Testing DHCP Connection
- Creating Program for Localhost Web Server for controlling devices.
Project 6: Creating own Android App using MIT App Inventor & controlling Arduino connected devices.
Project 7: Being Social on Twitter & update status on Twitter through Arduino
- Make Electronics Gadget Talk to Internet
- Integrating Ethernet Module
- Creating App on Twitter
Project 8: Send Voltage & Analog Data on Cloud Server.
- Cloud Computing
- Communicating with the Cloud using Web Services.
- Cloud Computing &IoT.
- Popular Cloud Computing Services for Sensor Management.
Project 9: Use Arduino to Upload free data from Environmental Sensors to Cloud Server.
Project 10: Automatically Tweet Sensor Data on Twitter.
Project 11: Receive Automatic Call Notification on Mobile Phone for Burglar Alarm using IoT Platform.
Project 12: Control Electronic Devices from anywhere across the world using Internet & Mobile App.